High School is located in Ontario, California. Situated on 65 acres, it is one of the
oldest and largest schools in the
area. The cornerstone for
the original school, Chaffey College of Agriculture, was laid
on March 17, 1883 and it was opened on October 15, 1885.
After separating from the
control of USC, in 1901 the name was changed to Ontario High
School. By vote of the communities at large, in 1911 the name
was again changed to Chaffey High School. It was enlarged to
accommodate students from Fontana, Guasti, Lytle Creek,
Etiwanda, Alta Loma, Cucamonga, San Antonio Heights, Camp
Baldy, Mountain View, Piedmont, unincorporated areas of Chino
- Information was compiled from
Chaffey's 1943 FASTI Yearbook.